Monday, September 8, 2014

Bancroft Idaho

I used to live here ages ago, it wasn't a great time in my life. I was bullied a lot and I didn't have many friends, my family wasn't LDS at the time and the population of this small town was under 300 and everyone was mormon. So because I was the outsider I got pushed around a lot.

I went back because I did a lot of growing up there, and I remembered it being pretty, and I would always get these really good milkshakes from the little store on the corner.





This is the bar. The Bar. I love it.



Diane Toolson, I would always hang out with her and chat.
 Soda Springs geyser, wasn't as magnificent as I hoped when it erupted.


The light was constantly changing over this lake!


Get well soon!


Yellowstone adventures up next

6 comments:

  1. Um hi. I love this and you. Ps. The bar. Yesss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blown away..I spent the first 8 years of my life in Bancroft. I'm 21 now, and i recently started searching for photos to see what it's like, thank you so much for posting these. A blast from the past, still the best damn milkshakes i've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place is being torn down now. Mr. Tooley passed away. Diane is in a home in Soda. The store wall on the bar side caved in and the people who bought it began to tear it down. There is only half the building standing right now. It is so sad to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived in Bancroft briefly when I was young. We used to live at some apartments across from City hall that didnt seem to have many families in it (we would run around the vacant rooms through a secret door) and my family ended up making an arcade in the corner of the building (not sure how long it lasted). I remember playing in gravel pits and smacking my face with the dang rodeo gates! I remember attending North Gem and then moving to another part of the small town that was maybe 4 houses away from the elementary side of the school(broke my ankle jumping off the swings into snow lol). Today we still speak about the time here in Bancroft, the beautiful views, going into The Bar with the wrapper of the tootsie pop with the Indian shooting the star (gave us a free lollipop) and the feeling we had from just living here! Now looking back at pictures I am able to find, it makes sense why I HAVE NEVER seen another sky like the ones I remember looking up at here. I didnt know it then but THIS place is what I am continuously chasing! The views and the love I remember are like non other!

    ReplyDelete

OH yea! Leave me a comment so I know you visited!