Wednesday, September 24, 2014

At War

Lately Andrew and I have been going through a lot of junk. Family issues, financial crap, social garbage, death of grandparents weeks apart, landlord hell, crippling depression, breakdowns...

It feels sometimes that I'm at a constant war with all these trials and problems. I step away from a moment and try to focus on what really matters- my husband, God and our home. But then something creeps up again and pulls us back down.
Keeping our home has been an uphill battle since may and we didn't really do anything other that pay rent on time and have a lease (thank goodness). We had to finally contact a lawyer and she gave us some good advice on our rights and what we can and cannot do. Unfortunately that doesn't include NOT paying rent.

Andrew quit his job in august because of hour cuts, I had to quit mine because of school. We were both faithful in knowing he and would get new jobs soon. It's been a month and from kids who were living paycheck to paycheck as is, things have been tight. I did get a new camera with school money and it was a huge expense. But I got such a good deal on it, I couldn't pass it up. The guy I bought it from hardly used it and gave me all the bells and whistles that he had bought. I saved over 600 dollars on everything from SD cards to a battery pack that is 200 bucks alone. The camera has also been paying for itself the last few weeks as I have been blessed with a ton of photo shoots. I did sell one of my lenses to help pay bills, but school has a bunch I can check out, and they're way better than the ones I had before.

Though we have been going through SO MUCH ( I'm not even writing half of it)
I just have to say how amazed I am, at how well we are taken care of by the Lord. We have food in our bellies, bills are somehow paid, and though I don't have a "job" I have been working. A lot.
I come away from "work" happy and excited. I love this, and I'm more than passionate about the work I do.

Andrew and I are closer too. Oh. we bicker, we always have, but we love deeper than we have ever loved before. Though I want Andrew to work, I love coming home from working or school and finding him here. He's always been around, I can always find Andrew. I wish he would always pick up the phone though, it would save on gas ;D


We are happy, very poor but safe.

To be honest, I haven't been happier in a while. Like Overall happy. Our lives aren't perfect, besides what fun is in that?


















No comments:

Post a Comment

OH yea! Leave me a comment so I know you visited!