Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hey Babe, Lets Go Paddle Boating!

Between the two of us I'm definitely the more sporty/outdoorsy one, and most of you will know that's not saying a whole lot.

But since I quit my job that was sucking the life out of my soul (even if it was only for a few days a week) I needed to fill the empty place even if only for a day. I convinced AJ to take the day off from his real estate investing stuff and come out and play.

We didn't know where we wanted to go but ended up in Mona Utah at the Young Living Farm, where they make essential oils. They have a big spread and it's free to get in and hang out, perfect because we're kinda poor at the moment. They had a pond where we could go paddle boating and there was absolutely no one in sight on this idle tuesday, so I suggested we try it. Andrew wasn't too excited about it but once he was in he made me get in too. After much freaking out, I finally got settled in and we paddled around a bit, though there wasn't much space to go and steering not an option. We decided to get out and that's when the fun really started.

We are not little people, and we obviously weren't too smart about getting out of this paddle boat because we tried to both get out at the same time and sunk the darn thing. Standing up in a paddle boat is not a good idea; I fell in all the way, Andrew scrambled to get onto the dock and of course just as we were starting to go down a tour group was strolling by and saw the whole thing. Then the tour lady came over and scolded us for flipping the boat and made us go out and get it! The boat isn't too heavy but when it's filled with water and tipped over it can weigh a few hundred pounds. Luckily Andrew would absolutely not let me take anything that would die in water, he is smart that one!
The tour lady gave us a rake to try and fish the boat out, which worked and made Andrew work, but I did eventually help and we got it back in the little dock.







This swan came over to inspect what the heck was going on!








Andrew takes lots of pictures of me when I ask him to take ONE.


how to make a gif
make a gif


No comments:

Post a Comment

OH yea! Leave me a comment so I know you visited!