Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bell Witch Cave with the Wonderful Kiely!




My dear friend Kiely Fisher came all the way from PA to visit me here in Nashville and go to a few places I've wanted to check out but have been holding off because they're kinda far. 

The first place was the Bell Witch Cave in Adams TN. Mostly because of the "haunted" cave but even more for the canoeing, I was SO desperate to finally go canoeing but the owner of Bell Witch Farm took one look at us and literally said "no", apparently we needed experience. This of course was after he scolded me about driving to fast down the driveway, my bad. 

But he did have this adorable pup that came right up to me and snuggled til we were both too hot.








Now the tour is as long as the cave (lets just say...not long) but it was pretty entertaining, the tour guide really played up the story about how an entity haunted a family, but had good intentions while it predicted the future, after it terrorized said family for a decade. The guide said they had seen funny things in pictures and the cave is under an ancient indian burial ground from the "paleo" period.

Anyway I tried to capture some dead folk but didn't get anyone but Ki
 Do not ever hike in flip flops.



 here is the "Bell Witch" or cave shadows, still creepy though right?!


After we left we kind of made fun of the whole thing and then we found some pictures that were questionable, both taken in succession and one had this weird blurry thing on the front, of course I've deleted the other picture by accident, arg. Any way still weird. 

"You can't take this money! These are someone else's wishes some one else's dreams!"

I will canoe some day.

Tiny Town KY- No really, that's it's name.

Ki and I decided to cross the border into KY for lunch only a 15 min drive or so, but our exploring took the rest of the day and it was GORGEOUS.

We found this HUGE flea market

My 3.00 painting. Best. Purchase. Ever.








If I'd seen this price tag originally I would have bought this painting too.



Lunch Time!!!

This is cornbread here, it's served like this every where. And way good!







Amber waves of grain.


 Turkey's!

 I liked this guy, he struggled for a while in the Red River to get his quickly sinking kayak on shore, it lost it's plug :(

If he can Kayak then I can canoe.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm so jealous about that flea market? I'm entertaining thoughts in my head about how much it would cost to come visit it...I mean, YOU. Yes, thaaaat's the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude. I just looked up flights, I don't think either of us can afford 450$ right now :( MAN if I were rich! You're whole family would be here pronto.

      Delete

OH yea! Leave me a comment so I know you visited!