Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Visiting the Paiutes in Tuba City Az... Day one

A couple of weekends ago the class took a trip back down to visit with the Paiutes. We had our guides Laura and May Preston who were absolutely lovely. We felt very welcomed and they showed us as much as the light would allow. 







Our first stop was Laura and May's old stomping grounds, they grew up here at hidden springs. 


May- Sweet sweet woman.

Laura- who I thought was just GORGEOUS.

Julie, way down there getting water from the spring for May.


I'm always interested in local plant life.




Lunch time! Mutton stew.

My mutton sandwich, I didn't have to eat for the rest of the day.

We picked up May and Laura's dad Jerry, and he took us out in the desert and showed us sites of his past.









When an 85 year old man takes you into the wilderness, you follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

OH yea! Leave me a comment so I know you visited!