Sunday, January 6, 2013

Silly Woes

I know a primarily photographic blog isn't really the place to garble about my problems, but because this is my personal blog and I rarely write more than explanations some times the itch to write and talk about things get on my mind and I need a release.

On Paid Photography:

AHEM. I'm still learning! I'm sorry if some of my photos didn't match the Pinterest ideal of what you're looking for. I'm sorry if I didn't get that shot that you've had your eye on for months, I have my own style and recreating another photographers success isn't my dream. Please don't expect perfection from a student, or anyone for that matter. I appreciate the chance to learn during your special time and I hope you appreciate the price I gave you- cheap.

You get what you pay for.

Skill:

There is a stark reality I have to face, I'm not as good as I'd like to be and I know where I want to be and it's almost suffocating getting there. I see these BEAUTIFUL, striking, invasive shots where the photographer makes it seem he's invisible. How do they do it!? I can't just take pictures of people suffering or get into peoples business without feeling guilty and needing to offer payment to take their   picture. I have done that you know! I have paid someone to take their picture, and I know of other photographers who have done so too.

School:

There is one lighting class this semester, ONE. And I need it to apply to the photo program at UVU in March, however I have been on the waitlist since October. I started out at 11 and I am down to #2, school starts monday, and the people who sign up for this class are not always photo students, but this class can be an elective, so anyone can sign up. If I can't get into this class I have to wait a year, A YEAR to apply to the program, and I have to get special permission from both my counselor and the head of the photo department to continue my education. Seriously? It's not the hobbyists fault either it's UVU's. They have 1 teacher who knows lighting well enough to teach it, and he's phenomenal but he also is teaching other classes as well. Also there is no room, there is one photo studio and our art building is starting to overflow with students. We need more space! But other departments seem to be at the top of the list for improvements. I have thought about transferring schools but I really adore my teachers and feel that UVU is the best place for me to grow artistically and professionally.

My body:

Whoa!

I have been documenting what I eat everyday and it's amazing when you know all the little details about food and the caloric value, you really understand why you're still chubby. I always thought I didn't eat much but on a typical day I would eat around 2000 calories which is what I should eat but I'm not exercising as much as I should. So I'm going to TRY to lose or at least feel better about myself, and continue to track my intake.

Well that's it, thanks for reading (I'm cool if you didn't though ha!)








2 comments:

  1. Oh no! :( I hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I thought your photos were beautiful :) thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

OH yea! Leave me a comment so I know you visited!